The History of Rendel's
Way back in 1927, Adolph Rendel, a chandelier maker in Joliet, was asked to pound out a fender for a good customer of his. He quickly realized the need people had for quality repairs to their vehicles because of the big investment in them. His repair shop was converted into an automobile repair business. Adolph thought that there was a brighter future in repairing automobiles than chandeliers.
Beginning as Rendel's Radiator Co., Adolph expanded the business and changed the name to Rendel's Radiator & Body Co. In the early 1930s James Langer and Abe Aronin bought the business and expanded services. As the business grew, Rendel's became a corporation and added a GMC truck dealership to the company.
In 1961, Rendel's accountant Harry Polcyn purchased the business and continued developing the business into a thriving downtown repair center and towing service. It was through this 'Full Service' approach that Rendel's became synonymous with quality GMC trucks and service in Joliet. Today, after 80 years, Rendel's GMC is still family owned and operated. The Polcyn family, long time Joliet area resident are proud to carry on that committment with every customer they serve. We stand behind every GMC truck we sell, every truck we repair, and your complete satisfaction is guaranteed!
HARRY POLCYN ( 1928 - 1991)